TargetX reduces regression testing time by 85% with eureQa
TargetX is a leading CRM Company in higher education, reimagining the student experience through campus wide solutions that help colleges and universities build lifelong relationships with prospective students, current students and alumni. Built on the Salesforce.com platform, TargetX’s solutions can be customized for each department or school within a College/ University. TargetX wanted to incorporate testing into its agile development process and automate regression testing of UI and UX changes, across the several different browsers, devices and OS combinations.
TargetX had adopted an agile development process for its Salesforce.com based CRM product for colleges and universities. Regression testing however, was still a challenge.
- Manual execution of regression tests were time consuming
- Automation of Visualforce pages with Custom Selenium Frameworks and HP-UFT was a challenge
- TargetX wanted to accomplish automation with existing testing QA team members that were not programmers
TargetX used the eureQa Testing Platform to automate its regression tests within an agile development process. TargetX was specifically able to
- Build test automation using its existing QA team of non-programmers
- Automate Cross Browser Testing to ensure that its CRM system worked consistently across multiple browsers
- Implement an agile testing process where tests were run automatically after a build was deployed using integration with CI tools
eureQa provided TargetX with a number of immediate and tangible benefits. TargetX was able to
- Reduce regression testing time by 85%
- Run automated smoke tests as part of agile development process to identify bugs earlier in the development cycle
- Test its online application product on multiple browsers daily to guarantee a great user experience for its customers